cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Unable to change graph Y-Axis Display Format

Solved!
Go to solution

LV 2011  X-Y Graph

I am unable to change the Y-axis display format.

Selecting anything other than automatic formatting instantly changes back and leaves a dashed line box around the option I tried to set.

It will let me change it to Absoulte Time but then I can not change it back, not even back to automatic formating!

Also this is not limited to teh Silver Graph, this also effects the Modern Graphs

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,550 Views)

It behaves properly for me.

Is it just this one VI?  Can you post it?  Does it do it in other VI's?  If you shut down LV and restart?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,536 Views)

Shutting down and restarting Labview did not fix it but rebooting the computer did

Rebooting the computer did not fix it.

I have attached the offending graph.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,525 Views)

Here is another one "fresh out of the box" I can't select Hex, Octal, or Binary format for the Y axis

I am not sure why I would but you never know some manager might want that.

Maybe I am off the deep end with this one but if these formats are not an option then they should not be shown or at least be grayed out.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,519 Views)

I see what you are talking about.  But what I noticed is that both of your graphs are of the new Silver style.  I don't see the problem with the modern XY graph.

I also had some success if I replaced the silver XY with the modern XY, changed the formatting, then replaced it back to a silver XY graph.

I think you found a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,510 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

Your right this is a bug, the options should be grayed out since they are not available when the data types do not match up with the selected formats.

Attached you can see the Y-axis can have the format of hexadecimal, octal, and binary when there is a Long value wired into the Chart.

There is a corrective action request in line for this bug, look forward to it being fixed in later versions of LabVIEW.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 10
(3,485 Views)

I am seeing this issue as well.  So the format in the axis in the graph unadjustable from the type it is wired to in the graph?  I have a case where I do need float, but not all 6 digits of precision, maybe 2.  I'm trying to save real estate on the graph, but it won't let me change the precision displayed either (although I might want to maintain that precision in the diagram).  Is this possible?  BTW I am using LV 2011 SP1 and all options to still appear selectable but they are not.

Thanks

David Jenkinson

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,412 Views)

David,

You should be able to change the digits of precision to something more reasonable if you right click on the chart » select Properties » Display Format.  Under that tab, there are options to change the number of floating point digits of precision to whatever you feel you need.  You are also able to change the Data Type if you would like to.  Ensure that the selector on the bottom is on "Default editing mode".

Mr. Moore

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,390 Views)

Hi,

Please see the attached vi.  I see where that is , but it is unadjustable for the "voltage" y axis.  Do you see this behavior on your end?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,370 Views)

David,

I see exactly what you are talking about.  I believe I found a few workaround, however. 

Replace the graph with another by right clicking and selecting Waveform Graph.  As soon as it is replaced and your Y-axis are all labeled, you should be able to manipulate the number of digits of precision in the aformentioned section.

If this does not work.  I would suggest recreating this graph in a new VI.  What has happened in the past is that it is sometimes possible to make changes before connecting the signal data to the chart, but once it is connected the digits of precision are set in stone.  

Regards,

Mr. Moore

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,366 Views)