LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug(?): Labview locks when adding a file to scc

Hello,

I misread and took it to include the project. Including the hierarchy includes all subVIs and their dependencies. Those can be deeply layered just like the project files itself. Again, this canstill significantly increase the number of files that have to be gone through. It looks like TFS 2010 has already been released so this would be a more accuracte way to test things. Do you have another computer that you could test using the 2010 version to see if the problem persists?

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,022 Views)

iZACHdx wrote:

Those can be deeply layered just like the project files itself. Again, this can still significantly increase the number of files that have to be gone through.

There are long delays even if I'm adding a bottom level sub vi to source.

It looks like TFS 2010 has already been released so this would be a more accuracte way to test things. Do you have another computer that you could test using the 2010 version to see if the problem persists?

Unfortunately no.  I have used Process Monitor to watch the network traffic so I'm fairly confident it's not a network/server issue.  Also this delay always occurs before LV's "Add to source control" dialog pops up.  I don't think LV queries the repository during that time.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,004 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(874 Views)

Looks like IE9 doesn't like the NI forums...my post didn't show up.

Did you ever get this figured out? We often see LabVIEW appear to lock, but find that the Add to Source Control dialog is just hidden. If you Alt+Tab to cycle through open windows it pops up. Not sure if this is related to what you were seeing. This is with TFS2010, but happened with TFS2008 as well.

-Toby

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(866 Views)

@TobyD wrote:

Did you ever get this figured out? We often see LabVIEW appear to lock, but find that the Add to Source Control dialog is just hidden. If you Alt+Tab to cycle through open windows it pops up. Not sure if this is related to what you were seeing. This is with TFS2010, but happened with TFS2008 as well.

-Toby

No, and it's an intermittant issue I haven't run into again.  I have seen the behavior you're describing, but this problem was different.  For as long as I've been using TFS checking in or adding code to the repository has been a three step process:

1. In the project window, select the vis, right-click -> Add to source control

2. A native LV dialog box pops up listing the vis that are going to be added along with a text box for entering comments.  Click OK.

3. A native TFS dialog box pops up with essentially the same information--a list of vis to add and a text box for entering comments.  Clicking OK here does the actual check in.

The problem you describe always happens (for me) with the TFS dialog box in step 3.  The problem I described was happening between steps 1 and 2, presumably before any calls have been made to the TFS server.

-Dave

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(856 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using? I have seen that the exact same actions lock-up LV2010 which works smoothly in 2009. Something changed on the LabVIEW side.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(837 Views)

When I first posted this I was using LV9 and TFS 2008.  We have since upgraded to LV10 and TFS 2010.  I have not experienced this problem in quite some time.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(816 Views)