cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug?] Hypertrend Draws 'Fake' Gaps in Data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have noticed Hypertrend drawing gaps in the data (when there is actually data there). This can be confirm when you zoom in on the data. Is this a known issue, or is there any workaround/configuration? The images are from Hypertrend in LabVIEW, but we have seen it in MAX too.

Cheers

-JG

1.png2.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,416 Views)

I have observed this behavior also.  In one case it was a refresh issue with Hypertrend and is corrected by mouse clicking (repeatedly) on the chart.  In the other case it was caused by the x axis timescale of hypertrend (which is derived from the windows system time) being equal to or ahead of the timestamp of the data source.  In my application I resort to servoing the windows system time to GPS -.4s which solved the problem.  I also have a background deamon which constantly sends mouse down events to the hypertrend window for the other issue.  BTW, I reported this to NI and supposedly there is a general CAR to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,393 Views)

@sachsm wrote:

I have observed this behavior also.  In one case it was a refresh issue with Hypertrend and is corrected by mouse clicking (repeatedly) on the chart.  In the other case it was caused by the x axis timescale of hypertrend (which is derived from the windows system time) being equal to or ahead of the timestamp of the data source.  In my application I resort to servoing the windows system time to GPS -.4s which solved the problem.  I also have a background deamon which constantly sends mouse down events to the hypertrend window for the other issue.  BTW, I reported this to NI and supposedly there is a general CAR to fix it.

Thanks Sachsm - I will try the above.

Can anyone from NI post the CAR if it if exists, otherwise can we followup to have one created?

Cheers

-JG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,377 Views)

Hi JG,

I tried to replicate this issue but I wasn't able to (LV 2010 f2 32bit). Do you have a simple VI that you could attach that shows this issue? Once I am able to duplicate the issue I will file a CAR.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,337 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jgcode

Here are some prior discussions on the subject...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/Distributed-System-Manager-Historical-Trend/m-p/99...

Also see attachment for a Jing video of the problem.  This occurs in DSM 2009 and 2010 and on multiple machines.

Here is the final result after much rangling with NI:

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:53 PM
To: Sachs, Michael A. (MSFC-ET30)[Intelligent Systems]
Cc: Roger Hebert
Subject: Re: DSM issues

Hi Mike,

We do have a CAR for this issue (#178809), but its a general CAR for these types of Hypertrend drawing issues that your case fits into. Currently this bug is not targeted to be fixed for SP1, but I have contacted our Shanghai development team for more an update.  Have you seen this issue on multiple different systems?  Have you seen this issue with plots not tied to your GPS synched cRIO?

Thanks,
Mark Black
Product Support Engineer - LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
mark.black@ni.com
(512) 683-8929

Message 5 of 6
(3,326 Views)

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6