LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer with multiple data plots solutions

Solved!
Go to solution

my channels sampling rate I want to be 1000Hz but with the dt of 1/100 and new data to be displayed every second on the graph

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,160 Views)

So you want to take your 1kHz sample, average it down to 100Hz (dt=1/100) and then update the graph every 1 second with the 100Hz data? The buffer should be fine with that for 5 minutes of data since that's 20x smaller and therefore about 1MB of data.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,148 Views)

Yea but with your modification of the dt when I change my loop timing to 1000, it doesnt work.

Should I go back to how mine was or is there something else to do with yours since I didnt quite get what you did

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,131 Views)

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? I changed it to 1000 samples, 1000 ms timer, and 1000 decimation input and it seems to be working fine to me.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,116 Views)

when you look at the timestamp on your graph is there a difference of 5 min from your t0 to tf. What Im saying now I get alot of data but on the timestamp on the graph is wrong. To get a 5 min buffer, it increases very slow and to would start 2-3 min less than the actual time clock

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,106 Views)

when you look at the timestamp on your graph is there a difference of 5 min from your t0 to tf. What Im saying now I get alot of data but on the timestamp on the graph is wrong. To get a 5 min buffer, it increases very slow and to would start 2-3 min less than the actual time clock

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,104 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ritch_by_nature

It looks like it's a problem with your consumer loop, doing something funky with the data before graphing. I assume it has something to do with you chopping down the sample rate, but writing the dt through as the same value. This would result in the same t0, but a different length of data (in the time domain).

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. The graph I put in there on the left is correct, but your graph has the weird timestamp issue.

buff.png

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,101 Views)

I was looking at it wrong. I was hoping the whole time to get 5 min buffer display with the decimated data plot in the consumer loop. To get that Id have to aim for a higher buffer size I see. thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,093 Views)

Let me know if you need any further help. In the mean time, please mark one or a few of the posts here as the solution, so that people in the future can find a solution if they have a similar application. Most likely the solution is from 3 weeks ago as a solution to your original question.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,078 Views)