Boolean logic : Enabling & Disabling Bit

Solved!
Go to solution

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Binary radix helps in that situation.

I've actually done that where I could, but sometimes the numbers are outputs and not contants.

It works for controls and indicators as well.

Personally, I use the Hex radix a lot.  It's just a little easier to read than a big string of 0s and 1s.

Sorry I've forced you to wander off-topic about this.  I understand about controls and indicators, I meant outputs from calculations.  I appreciate everyone's help and I'm sorry - I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  😞

Not too bad of a hijack.   

Custom probes come to mind.  Search help and the forums-- then PM with a link to your new thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 21 of 22
(672 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Binary radix helps in that situation.

I've actually done that where I could, but sometimes the numbers are outputs and not contants.

It works for controls and indicators as well.

Personally, I use the Hex radix a lot.  It's just a little easier to read than a big string of 0s and 1s.

Sorry I've forced you to wander off-topic about this.  I understand about controls and indicators, I meant outputs from calculations.  I appreciate everyone's help and I'm sorry - I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  😞

Not too bad of a hijack.   

Custom probes come to mind.  Search help and the forums-- then PM with a link to your new thread.

The Conditional Probes allow you to select the radix.  I'm pretty sure those come with LabVIEW now.  They are in the Custom Probe menu when you right-click on a wire.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 22 of 22
(654 Views)