LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean button not 'resetting' when triggering an event.

Solved!
Go to solution

This VI is still in its very early stages, but I am already seeing problems that I do not quite understand or know how to fix.

The purpose of this VI is to be called when the user wants to set a value for particular test limits. They will have the option of typing into the Display control or pressing the buttons - depending on whether they have a keyboard or mouse readily available. All the buttons are grouped in a single cluster, but are handled by multiple events.

• My first problem is that some of the buttons do not 'reset' after their event has been captured. The ones that do are those that have the cluster control in their event case. I remember reading that this is because the control needs to be read in the event for the latch to be released, but how can you 'read' it in more than one event? Wiring something to the NewVal node didn't seem to work. Will I have to throw a local variable in each event, or is there a better way?

• My second problem is that I want to give the Display control key focus, but at the END of the string. How is this possible?

Thank you all in advance! 🙂

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,690 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author J.Mamakos

@James Mamakos wrote:

This VI is still in its very early stages, but I am already seeing problems that I do not quite understand or know how to fix.

The purpose of this VI is to be called when the user wants to set a value for particular test limits. They will have the option of typing into the Display control or pressing the buttons - depending on whether they have a keyboard or mouse readily available. All the buttons are grouped in a single cluster, but are handled by multiple events.

• My first problem is that some of the buttons do not 'reset' after their event has been captured. The ones that do are those that have the cluster control in their event case. I remember reading that this is because the control needs to be read in the event for the latch to be released, Indeed, that's the problem. but how can you 'read' it in more than one event? Well I don't think this is a good idea to try that, just place the cluster outside on the event structure but still inside the while loop, then it's "read" at each iteration. Wiring something to the NewVal node didn't seem to work. Will I have to throw a local variable in each event, or is there a better way? No commetn on that.

• My second problem is that I want to give the Display control key focus, but at the END of the string. How is this possible? You can do that using the "Text >> Selection >> Start and End" properties, read the string length and for start and end, use the same value : length (or maybe length-1).

Thank you all in advance! 🙂

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 2
(2,668 Views)