LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean array channel config

I've developed a quick config .vi for our test lab, but I'm not sure how to implement the conifg into building an actual task. I've designed it to output an array of booleans for active or non-active channels, than you give a name and scale, the attached vi's show my example better than I can put it into words. 

I can't figure out how to implement it though in the task building side of things though. I thought a for loop with all the info fed into it, parsing each channel at a time would work well, but how do you differentiate between on and off channels. I thought I could just go ahead and sample them all and than use the boolean array to cut out the unneccesary channels, but that's a little ridiculous, considering the channel count the final product will have. 

Anyone have any other ideas or could maybe point me in a different direction?

-Ian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,556 Views)

Hi iyeager,

Post your VI in 2009 or 2010, to get the solution fast, as of now very few engineers using 2011.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,544 Views)

iyeager,

I don't understand what you mean in terms of building a task. It seems like you're looking for a better way to interact with the booleans on your front panel instead of having them all separate? Is that your goal? And if so, what do you want your final result to be, how do you want to communicate with your device? What output would you like to have?

Regards,

Michael M

NI Americas | AE

NI.com/support | 1866-275-6964

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,515 Views)
Michael,

Sorry, I'm trying to configure a DAQmx task using this front panel object. The user clicks the booleans for current plugs 1, 2, 3, and 7 and voltage plugs 2, and 5. I know the associated channels for those particular inputs, I'd like to convert the boolean array into a daqmx task which turns those associated channels on, than applies the names and scales that the user has specified.

-Ian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,507 Views)

iyeager,

You're going to want to programmatically create your task.

You can use the "DAQmx Create Channel VI" and wire in your inputs there. If you do it manually, you can use a string indicator to see that there is a comma and a space separating the channels. You can then concatenate your inputs into a string and send that into the create channel and create a task from there based on just the channels you want.

Regards,

Michael M

NI Americas | AE

NI.com/support | 1866-275-6964

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,496 Views)