LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth problem

Hi,

I'm trying with the example of Simple Bluetooth project. Setup my laptop with Bluetooth USB dongle as the server and pda as the client. When i run the LV, at the server side, there's no error prompt and it stuck at getting the server address. however, when i run the client error msg prompt " Bt connect error code: 10022".

I had read the requirement for the bluetooth LV.
My laptop fulfill the requirement.

But when i check for the Bluetooth driver support for windows XP 2.
My Bluetooth USB dongle not listed in it. I'm using a IVT Bluetooth adapter.
I attached the picture of my Bluetooth USB.

I had even tried the method of michanga. But no joy.

Is there any Bluetooth expect that can solved my problem here.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(8,602 Views)
Sry for lack of info.

I'm using LV 8.2 and Toshiba e800 pocket pc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(8,600 Views)
Hi,

You dont need to install bluetooth drivers, as Win XP with SP2 has them already, just look for the bluetooth examples in example folder or search the forum, your problem will solve.

Regards
James
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(8,577 Views)
Hi james,

i had already look through the forums and the example. It just wont work at all. =.="
anymore advice?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(8,572 Views)
Hi,

Regarding to the BT  Connect Error code 10022. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
i had look through the NI there's no description for error 10022.
Please help.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(8,533 Views)

Hi,

I can look into this issue for you, when you get this error is it when running a VI? Also could you look in device manager > bluetooth for me and let me know which drivers are installed for your system?

Thanks,

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(8,516 Views)
Hi,

Finally, a reply. Well yea, i got this error when running the simple bluetooth client .vi on the pda.
PDA info: Toshiba e800 Pocket PC 2003. OS 4.20.1081 operating system. Built-in bluetooth driver 4.0.1.3
From the NI, stated that:
"Pocket PC 2003 – To run Bluetooth applications on Pocket PC 2003 devices they must be using the WIDCOMM BTW-CE driver version 1.4 or later. Additional installation of Bluetooth DLLs is also required. Refer to the Installing the WIDCOMM Bluetooth DLLs on Pocket PC 2003 Devices section of the Getting Started with LabVIEW PDA Module for more information"
Therefore, i had installed it but stil no joy. Wonder is it the problem with LV failing in identify the bluetooth driver.

About the laptop part, the bluetooth driver version 6.0.14.62. (IVT Corporation)
I'm going to attach the image file for a clear view.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(8,505 Views)

Sorry missout this issue as well.

I had also try the advanced Bluetooth server.vi on my laptop. Error prompt when running it.

"Error 58 occurred at Bluetooth Create Listener in advanced bluetooth server.vi"

Possible reason:

LABVIEW: the network function is not supported by the system.

On the pda, i run advanced Bluetooth client.vi no error. But it can't detect any devices.

Thanks for looking into this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(8,498 Views)
Hi Wyatt,

Ok a few things to check here, firstly that you have either the bluetooth stack from microsoft or the WDICOMM driver installed on your laptop, from your screenshot this doesn't appear to be the case. Known devices that work with the bluetooth VI's under LabVIEW are:

• Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth 2.0 that came with Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Optical mouse
  • Belkin F8T012UK1 EDR Bluetooth USB Adapter
  • Belkin F8T003 Bluetooth USB Adapter - 10 Meters ( Belkin F8T003 ver. 2 don't seems to work )
  • Billionton GUBTCR41 - 100 m (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Conceptronic "Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter 200M" CBTU2A / CBT200U2A (Software in the package not installed)
  • Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module
  • D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth Adaptor
  • Encore USB Dongle (Microsoft Stack)
  • Exwell BD-U08 EDR Bluetooth USB Adapter
  • Exwell BD-U01 Bluetooth USB Adapter - 10 Meters
  • Kensington USB K33085 (Microsoft Stack)
  • GigaByte Bluetooth USB Adapter GN-BT05D (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Hama Bluetooth Dongle 00049207 (Software included in the package not installed). Inquiries seems to hang after a while ..
  • IBM Integrated Bluetooth II on ThinkPad T40 (with driver from Microsoft; file version: 5.1.2600.2180, xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
  • Trust BT 1300 TP Bluetooth USB adapter (Software included in the package not installed)
  • Trust BT 2200 TP Bluetooth USB adapter (Software included in the package not installed) (Microsoft Stack and Widcomm)
  • Perfect choice USB Adapter (Microsoft Stack and Widcomm)

Error 58 implies that no bluetooth device that's supported by LabVIEW was found, could you post a screenshot of your device manager showing the bluetooth devices listed please so I can verify this?
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(8,490 Views)

Hi Rob,

Beside for the device listed above, is there any method for LV to work with my device?

About the Michanga method i had already tried it.Sad is not working.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=87261&requireLogin=False

How about the issues on the PDA? I think is the same case as my laptop isn't it?

LV can't recognice it.

I'm not whether this is the screenshot u wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(8,474 Views)