LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Pairing with >= LV2009?

I have read old forum posts that bluetooth pairing was not supported on older versions of Labview but what about LV 2009? I am trying to write product test code that will programatically pair a bluetooth headset with a USB bluetooth dongle on Windows XP/7 machines. Rather than having to use the typical Windows "My Bluetooth Places" to discover and pair to a bluetooth headset I have a need to write Labview code that will allow the user to enter in a Bluetooth address and then connect to it. I know I can do Bluetooth device discovery with LV2009 and I already have a VI for that but now I am looking for a way to programatically pair to it. I will need to have the ability to input the Bluetooth security code/PIN of the device during the pairing process. Has anyone else done this through Labview and if so how did you do it?     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,748 Views)

Hi aaronb,

Unfortunately, there's not a native LabVIEW implementation for Bluetooth pairing yet, but it has been suggested a number of times.  I did find this example where someone was able to use a .NET control for pairing a Wiimote - hopefully that will work for your application as well:  http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9799.

Thanks,

Morgan S

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,719 Views)

This will allow you to programmatically pair with a bluetooth device.

You will also have to download the dotnet files from 32feet

http://32feet.net/files/

-Regards

eximo

"I had rather be right than be president" -Henry Clay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Hi, I realize this is an old vi, but I'm trying to programmatically pair to a bluetooth device and I thought this might help, but it missing the Check-un-check listbox (SubVI).vi can you post it please.

Phil 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(198 Views)