From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block diagram messes up by itself

I am working on a vi with multiple states and when I go back to a well organized state that I made a couple hours ago, I see the block diagram is messed up. most of the constants are shifted toward one direction. See attached image, the blue circle is for what it was before and the red one is after the earthquake. I am using LV2018 and I had the same issue in LV2017 too. 

Any help is appreciated.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,399 Views)

I have not seen that happen.

My first thought is that you have something selected that you didn't realize when you move some other selections around.

Things can certainly move that you may not have intended if you do things to drag increase space in structures  (Ctrl Drag).  I just learned you can also do a drag to compact space (ctrl-alt-drag).  Could something like that be happening?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,386 Views)

I usually don't use expand and compact space with Ctrl, however I just tried that in the same page that I had the issue to see what would happen. All the arrays moved with their constant indexes with expand and contract and it didn't mess up with the diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,375 Views)

Hard to tell from such a truncated picture, but did some your structures autogrow when editing in other cases. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,372 Views)

I am usually careful about the space I consider in my block diagram for cases, loops or any other structure to prevent issues like this. I am pretty sure it did not auto grow because I set the size of my highest structure fit to my screen size and it's still the same.

Sorry for NDA reasons I can not share my file but if it helps I can share a part of that, again if it helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,366 Views)