From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Diagram Changes on Run

Upon running my VI, a number of errors show up.  Clicking to view any of them immediately deletes the contents of a case structure; all of the indicated errors are actually the result of this deletion!  The event is detected as a file change (if I save immediately before attempting to run, the file enters the "unsaved" state) so the diagram must actually be changing.  Why is LabVIEW deleting chunks of my block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,250 Views)

Well, still no idea why those deletions would happen, but the root cause was a couple of tunnels without default values.  Issue not necessarily "solved" so much as moot.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,208 Views)

Running a program does not modify the diagram. Makes no sense.

What is your LabVIEW version? Can you attach a vi that shows the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,202 Views)

Tunnels without default values - i.e., "open squares" - would result in a broken arrow and you would not be able to run the VI.  So I'm not even sure what kind of problem you are (were) having.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,187 Views)

@ehenle wrote:

Upon running my VI, a number of errors show up.  Clicking to view any of them immediately deletes the contents of a case structure; all of the indicated errors are actually the result of this deletion!  The event is detected as a file change (if I save immediately before attempting to run, the file enters the "unsaved" state) so the diagram must actually be changing.  Why is LabVIEW deleting chunks of my block diagram?

I have no idea what you mean by: "Clicking to view any of them ...".

You say that errors occur, then you 'click on an error', then that causes the deletion of, "contents of a case structure", then that causes the errors to occur in the first place.  Which would mean that the deletion would be affecting something that has already happened in the past!

This can only happen if you have enabled reverse time loops.  Find the time machine in your lab and make sure its vortex generator isn't pointed at your computer (or just turn it off).

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 5 of 5
(1,133 Views)