LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind FPGA host reference to type definition in labVIEW 2012 crashes labVIEW

Hi,

I am using FPGA target device 5641R and labview FPGA 2012 with 5640R ver 1.7.

On the configure window of open FPGA VI reference function, choosing the dynmaic mode shows broken arrow when wired to the 5640R configuration VIs (i.e. Configure timebase, Configure ADC default, Configure ADC NCO functions). So i tried the other option which is binding the FPGA host reference to type definition and choose the control from path C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\instr.lib\ni5640R\Configuration\NI-5640R VIs\ni5640R FPGA VI Reference.ctl. But after that when i try to save the VI on which open FPGA VI reference function is placed, labVIEW crashes. I am unable to figure out the reason. Earlier I was working with labVIEW 2011 and it was working fine there. Any suggestions would be highly appretiated. 

Please see the attached images for more details.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,949 Views)

It's a bit strange to see a coercion dot for the RIO Device input.  What happens if you delete this control and right-click where it should be wired and click create->control there?  Do you still see the broken wire?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,915 Views)
The coercion dot still there even if I create a new control by right click and create->control and so does the broken wire. The broken wire is only gone when I choose the bind FPGA host refenece to type definition option. But when I try to save the vi or run it, labview crashes. I have tried reinstalling the 5640R driver but the problem is still there.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,893 Views)

Check out this thread.  It looks like someone else ran into a similar issue and made changes that fixed their application.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/IF-RIO/correct-5640r-template-use-recommendation/td-p/1331918

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,866 Views)