From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic VISA/TCPIP problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I have no idea why the Timeout error happens. Try to increase the timeout value to 10000 msec, as in the official driver, and read a bit more data (like 512 bytes), but i doubt this is the problem...

And did you use my VI, sure? 🙂

edit: first I would try to play with the official driver VIs, and see how it works (but never ever modify driver VIs, make your own variation if you want)...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,023 Views)

yeah i am sure 😄

ill try it... thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,018 Views)

First just test the unit with something simple, like an info query:

(and put an error indicator at the end to see the error info if there is any)

query.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,015 Views)

where can I find those blocks? the initialize , query and close because I don't find them even with quick drop

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,000 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matanlaza

@Matanlaza wrote:

where can I find those blocks? the initialize , query and close because I don't find them even with quick drop

Not blocks, VIs 🙂

See the screenshot below how to find these driver VIs, but actually in a previous post I showed you where they are in te palette menu. Never mind, I explain again:

Open palette from Block Diagram --> Instrument I/O --> Instr Drivers --> Agilent PSG MXG Series -->

Here you can see the Initialize and Close VIs, you ALWAYS start with the init, and finish with the Close your code. You can find the "Query instrument information.vi" under the "Utilities" subpalette!

driver_query.png

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(997 Views)

thanks again!

have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(985 Views)