LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barebones Project Files

I want to find only the barebones files & instr driver files necessary to remove clutter and unused files in a Labview 2015 Project. Does the "All VIs in Memory" do that for me? Or do I only have "VI Hierarchy" to work from? I'm taking over prior work that was never created from a Project and there are cross links but not all files are necessary since some are not used. Rich J
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,684 Views)

If you are working with files that are not (yet) in a Project, you can try the "slow build" method, which uses Project Errors to find missing files.  The basic idea is to put only those files that you know are needed in the Project (in an extreme case, you could start with just the Top Level VI).  When you open your project and click on the Top Level VI, you should get lots of errors when it can't find its sub-VIs.  Start adding the "missing links" to the Project until nothing is missing and the Dependencies are only things like VI Lib.

Bob "Been There, Done That" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,677 Views)
Bob_Schor, thanks for the feedback, I'll mark your comment as the solution when I get to a java browser. I didn't go that extreme, instead I used "Find Conflict", "Find Callers" and "remove from Project" a lot to relink files to my working folder. One of those things where you take over prior work that was never in a Project.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,629 Views)