LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BWTEK long int-times freeze labview

Hi I am using BWTek.dll to interface with a BTC 261E and BTC 112E spectrometer via USB.  As I ask the instrument to use longer integration times labview becomes unresponsive, if I touch anything on the screen it says "(not responding)" until the integration time ends.  This problem becomes very annoying when I need to take low intensity spectra at 25000 ms integration times.

Is there a way to remedy this?  Perhaps a new version of the BWTek.dll anyone knows of, or a trick in labview to keep the program from freezing (some dll wrapper parameter)?  Or something to let me know the program is waiting on the instrument, rather than appearing to crash...  I am going to look at it with NISpy tomarrow I think.

Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by archughes on 05-13-2009 11:54 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,921 Views)

Don't know anything about BWTek.dll, but one thought that occurs to me is to put the call in a subVI.  Then you can mess around with the execution properties of the subVI (maybe make it re-entrant?) and see if that works.

Just an idea.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,916 Views)
As a customer of BWTEK, you probably have an account that can access their support website. They may have updates and other information about this particular issue, as well as email support. With more details on what the function does within LabVIEW we might be able to identify other solutions.
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,892 Views)