From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axiovert 200M

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any luck controlling this Zeiss microscope via ActiveX commands?  I can see all the properties, but when I try and execute the program, I get Class not registered errors.  I know the classes are registered because VBA can call and use the functions just fine.

Cheers,

Shivels 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,691 Views)

Hi Shivels,

I've never used this specifically, but can you give me more details on the error you are getting?  What is the error code and is it being returned from the Automation Open function or elsewhere? Also, I've heard that others have used this hardware with serial communication.  Perhaps this would be a workaround if you are still having trouble with the ActiveX commands.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,667 Views)

Hi Daivd,

The error code is returned after an Automation Open function.  The error is -2147221164 Class not Registered.  I need to use the ActiveX commands because there are functions which perform autofocus and image stitching.  We are upgrading the system from VBA to LabVIEW.  In VBA we have written code which calls these functions.  The VBA code works fine, which leads me to believe the DLLs are registered with windows.  Attached is an example of how the VBA calls are structured.  I tried following the same logic with the attached vi, but I couldn't get it to work.  I'm rather confused as to why it works in VBA, but won't work in LabVIEW.

Cheers,

Shivels 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,661 Views)

This might be a lucky shot in the dark, but I've seen some cases where simply deleting the Automation Open function and replacing it with a new one can clear this error up.  Let me know if this simple solution does not work and I'll dig deeper to see if there are any other ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,641 Views)

Hi Daivd,

I tried deleting the Automation Open, but that didn't work.  What confuses me is that some objects in the same typelib will work, while others give error -2147221164 Class not registered.  I thought that if a typelib was registered, then every object in the typelib is registered as well.  I'll keep trying different commands and see if I can trace this problem down.

Cheers,

Shivels

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,629 Views)

I agree they should all be registered together, but sometime I suppose it does not happen.  After some extensive searching on the issue, I learned that most have been resolved by manually registering the ActiveX component.  How to do this is documented in the following KnowledgeBase article. 

How Do I Manually Register Type Libraries, ActiveX Controls, and ActiveX Servers?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A?OpenDocument

Hopefully this works for you as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,619 Views)