LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Averaging motor data per rotation

Hello,

I have been thinking very hard without getting anywhere about a signal processing aspect of a DAQ measurement. I will describe the problem first as below.

Measurement system: a small DC motor driven turbine (24 blades) running up to speeds of several tens of thousands of RPM.

DAQ device: PXI6251 through BNC2120 connector block.

Problem decription: I am acquiring data for passage of each turbine blade past a sensor. I am able to collect a periodic waveform suggesting the rotation of the turbine. This is a noisy signal. I want to perform rotational averaging so that noise can be reduced. There are plenty of exmaples available discussing synchronous averaging which makes sense (recovering noise buried periodic waves such as a sine wave). However, in may case, I must average so that each cycle of averaging line up with the same blade.

[I can do this by collecting a stream of data. slice it into blocks of consecutive 24 peaks corresponding to each blade, and line the sets up to do the averaging. I am struggling to do this in LabVIEW, elegantly. Mind you, if the speed is varied this will be more complex, so I think it will be best to start by considering the turbine is running at constant speed and then think about variable speed situation. ]

Can anyone get me started on this, please? I can try to be more clear if anything requires further clarification.

[I am not familiar with producer-collector loop in LabVIEW, in case this is a standard approach for this type of signal processing task]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,915 Views)