LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Refnum Constant Not Saving Reference to ActiveX

I am currently using 32bit LabVIEW 2017 on a Windows 7 machine. I have an automation reference constant that I am using to connect to an activex dll that was provided me by a camera company. If I right click and choose select ActiveX class and then Browse I can't find my activex library in the list. If I click Browse again, I can manually find my dll file. I then click ok a couple of times and I test my application and it works as expected. I then close my project and LabVIEW. If I reopen LabVIEW and my project and find my VI that contains the Automation Reference, the reference is no longer connected to the desired dll ActiveX. Is there something I can do to get this connection to save? The current process is, every time I come to change this program and rebuild it, I have to remember to come and reconnect the reference by hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I have tried registering the dll with windows using the regsvr32 command. Windows tells me I have successfully registered the dll but the above behavior continues. I haven't been able to find any other way of calling an ActiveX in LabVIEW other than the Open Automation VI which exhibits this behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,054 Views)

Is your Win7 installation 32bit or 64bit?  Is the DLL a 32 or 64 bit DLL?  How did you register the DLL because the process is different for 64bit.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,024 Views)