From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Index Tunnel and reading array one by one

Hello,

I am trying read values one at a time(to simulate dac acquisition) from a 2 coloumn excel(tab de limited) sheet and plot on an xy graph.

I have posted the VI  I’m working with. To get the values one at time I have used a for loop and used an auto index tunnel.however I’m getting only one set values (the ones wired to y…please see the diagram). The other(supposed to be x values)appear to be always zero…..hence no graph is plotted. What can I do so I get both the values?

On searching the forum I found the following block diagram and I’m assuming it works…. But I can’t figure what the array used here is. Can some one tell me?

I have figured out that perhaps the error occurs after the auto index tunnel because on taking a indicator from the wire after auto index tunnel a 1d array is displayed(see block diag) while before it I get a 2d array.i tried changing the conver to dynamic to 2d but that didn't work. But in the above diagram it doesn’t seem to be a problem as the person has taken both x and y outputs of the array. (I am assuming this is a block diagram which works).tell me how to go about this.

Pls help

DiPS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,373 Views)

If you autoindex a 2D array, you get one row at each iteration. A row is a 1D array, right?

Seems to work just fine. See attached.

Message 2 of 3
(4,364 Views)

hey,

thanx a lot... now it works

by the way.. is there any way i can make the x-axis in current system time. i tried making it absolute and relative in the graph props but that doesnt help... usually when i simulate a signals it works fine(ie current sys time is displayed o graphs) probably because i choose absolute time stamp in sim signal props.

in this case however i'm reading from a sprdsht and plotting on a graph.. so wat do i do to make x axis current sys time..

thanx

DiPS 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,334 Views)