LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio streaming

Hi everyone,

i have to build a streaming audio application in LabV. Does anyone have experience with this matter? If so could you please point me in the right direction.

Thx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,782 Views)

Hi,

Can you explain your application a little more and have a look at ni examples for sound.

Regards,

Shrenik

Message 2 of 12
(4,771 Views)
The application need play the audio continously without clipping when the incoming audio signal is delayed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,765 Views)

charles0601 wrote:
The application need play the audio continously without clipping when the incoming audio signal is delayed.

It is hard to play anything then the data is missing 🙂 But in order to play audio whithout any clipping you have to implement a buffer scheme. Post your code, it is much simpler to take it from there

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 12
(4,739 Views)

This is a vi that simulate my target.   The producer loop take longer time to produce audio data. The consumer loop need take the audio data from the producer loop and continously(repeatly) loop back the audio data obtained before until producer has delayed new audio signal pass to without clip. 

I have not come out a good way to do this. Any help would cout. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,717 Views)

A little modification, can this be helpful?

Sound.png

Best Regards

Hu Yu
Message 6 of 12
(4,709 Views)

Try this.  Don't put a delay in the loop.

Set a timeout on your dequeue with minimal to no timeout value.  If it times out (meaning another item sound wasn't added), it will play the wave stored in the shift register.  If a new queue element is available, it will play that.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-04-2010 10:59 PM
Message 7 of 12
(4,708 Views)

This is the latest vi I have got taking.   There is a clip sound when a new audio signal coming from producer loop to consumer loop.    This is caused by the incontinous between the looping signal and new coming signal.

Is there any way to eliminate it? thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,696 Views)

To correct the argument in my previous post. The waveform in consumer loop seems like contious when the new wave from the producer loop. But there is a clip.

How this happen?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,683 Views)
I would take the metronome (Wait for Next ms multiple) out of the loop. I think it could complicate the timing. You are relying on that taking precisely as long as your waveform takes to play. If you have a slight error in timing, it will cause the loop to wait until another whole iteration before playing the waveform again. I think you are also getting artifacts in your sound when you have a waveform where it does not finish a complete phase of the sinewave. So when the sinewave does not finish at zero, but the next one starts at zero, you have a discontinuity that is going to sound like another frequency clicking in the sound output. If you set your frequency to be evenly divisible into your number of samples, the resulting sinewave is continuous, and you don't hear the extra clicking. You'll have to play around with some of the other parameters (# of samples, waveform bandwidth, ...) if you need to output a frequency that is not evenly divisible into the settings as you currently have them.
Message 10 of 12
(4,660 Views)