LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audacity remote control.

Hi,

I am attempting to control Audacity via a Labview VI, can anyone advise of how I would go about doing this particuarly  playback, record and pause commands?

Any examples would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

c

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,528 Views)

Do you have to use Audacity for this or can you use the sound VIs in labview. Goto example finder under help in the toolbar and search for sound.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,511 Views)

Hi Cally

I hope you're having a good day. I've been looking into how you could control Audacity with LabVIEW, but as of yet I've not had a lot of luck. The reason being that Audacity doesn't appear to support ActiveX or .NET, the main technologies that LabVIEW uses to provide access to other Windows applications. If you're aware of some other way to access Audacity then please let me know and I shall look into this further. Sorry I've not been able to provide you a more positive response!

As t06afre correctly points out, you could always try out the in-built LabVIEW Sound VIs. You can find them in the Functions Palette by navigating to Programming>>Graphics and Sound>>Sound.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,468 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

I have now managed to run Audacity via Labview by starting it as an extenal application then using a keyboard simulator in labview to control audacity via the shortkeys.

Thanks again for you support

C

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,428 Views)

Hi Cally

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm really glad to hear that everything is going well and running fine now. If you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,406 Views)

There are not a lot of discussions on this board about Audacity at all. I'm very interested in how you can control the Audacity with LabVIEW, could you share some details with us?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,821 Views)

Audacity has not supported external control very well in the past, so attempting to control it with LabVIEW means using something like a keyboard simulator like the previous poster mentioned.  Another option to get similar functionality is using Mezzo, an offshoot of Audacity that will eventually lead to Audacity 2.0.  I don't know what shape it is in, but you might try it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,801 Views)

Hi guangdew,

As this post is now quite old, I suggest that you post your questions in a new thread as this will invariably lead to a much better response.

Regards,

Christian Hartshorne

NI|UK

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,799 Views)