LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assert PFI as Input to a Trigger

I am having trouble communicating a DI trigger from one card to another in a PXI chassis:

Chassis is a PXI-1044

Slot2: PXI-6651  (Synch card)

Slot3: PXI-6608  (Counter Timer)

Slot4: PXI-6528 (Industrial IO)

Slot 5:  PXI-6733 (Analog Output)

I am inputing a 24V discrete on PFI0.1 (Trigger1) on the PXI-6528 in slot 4.  I can verify that the input is working by watching it in MAX.

When the discrete toggles, I have my VI setup to start an analog output using the "start digital edge vi".  If I use "/PXI1Slot4/PXI_Trig1" as  the source, I get error -89125 "No registered trigger lines could be found between the devices in the route".  If I use "/PXI1Slot5/PXI_Trig1", it never triggers.

I have verified in MAX that there is a direct route (green box) between between "/PXI1Slot4/port0/line1" and "/PXI1Slot4/PXI_Trig1".

How again do you assert that PFI is writing to the Trigger?  (All PFIs on other cards that have PFI's direct routed to trigger1 can't be writing to it, so I believe I remember there is something you need to do in MAX to tell to go ahead and make a particular discrete input the "input" to the trigger line; but I can;t remember how to do this.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,154 Views)

Nevermind....  used the "daqmx connect terminals VI" inside of the VI instead of doing it in MAX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)