LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ascending order on each column in a matrix

Hi, I also have a homework for Labview and I don't know how to solve it. The requirement is as follows: Make an application that ascends each column in an array introduced by the keyboard. The program must be optimized in terms of the number of operations performed. Can you help me? Thanks! 

~(NI LabVIEW 2018 (64-bit)~

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(740 Views)

@andrew302001 wrote:

Hi, I also have a homework for Labview and I don't know how to solve it. The requirement is as follows: Make an application that ascends each column in an array introduced by the keyboard. The program must be optimized in terms of the number of operations performed. Can you help me?

In LabVIEW, a "Matrix" is a special numeric datatype for linear algebra. You probably have a 2D array.

What is the datatype of the array (string, numeric, etc)? Where does the data come from?

Do you want to sort just the selected column or do want to keep rows intact, i.e. sort the entire 2D array by that specific column?

Do you want to optimize for speed or for the "number of operations" (probably not the same). What counts as an "operation"?

How do you plan to use the keyboard to select a column? I assume you use an integer numeric control.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(698 Views)