LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays

I have written a s/w in VB6. there I can define an array & place the elements of the array where ever I want on the screen. Is this possible in Labview?

regards,

Shrikant.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,921 Views)

Hi,

you can define an array in LabVIEW. And you can display single elements on your front panel.

Pretty basic stuff...

But what is your goal? What do you want to achieve? (And not "how" do you want to achieve this goal!?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,903 Views)

Arrays are in an array container so the elements stay together (1D arrays: resize container vertically or horizontally, 2D arrays: resize in both directions, 3D arrays or higher: You can only show one 2D plane at a time, etc.).

You can index out the array elements of you want scattered indicators all over the screen (not sure why anyone would want that!). Another option would be a cluster container. Here you can arrange any way you want, and if all types match, just convert the array to a cluster for display (make sure to set the cluster size).

Of course we can help much better of you would show us a picture of what you actually mean. Your question is quite ambiguous. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,896 Views)

My project is thus:

My micro-controller unit sends me 2048 bytes of data every 55ms. This data is then arranged in a specified format. Bulk of the data is displayed as word number & data side-by-side. Also some data has to be displayed separately depending on certain bytes in the bunch.

This I have successfully achieved using VB. But now I have to change it Labview (I am using Labview 2018). Hence the question.

Also thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out & see.

Regards,

Shrikant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,835 Views)

@Shrikantbj wrote:

This data is then arranged in a specified format. Bulk of the data is displayed as word number & data side-by-side. Also some data has to be displayed separately depending on certain bytes in the bunch.

That is very vague! Unless you tell us the meaning of "bulk", "specific format", "certain bytes" we can't really help. Why not use a string indicator with a fixed width font and display everything nicely formatted as text?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,831 Views)