LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array

Solved!
Go to solution

i'm new to lab view.I have entered my code in formula node(which I built already) and want array to given as input to node.But don't know how to proceed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,395 Views)

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Message 2 of 15
(3,392 Views)

Hi vinomurthy.

When you connect the array to the input of the Formula node , input automatically switches to the array .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,365 Views)

No actually I did that but showing 'Polymorphic terminal' error

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,330 Views)

Take the Introductory courses.  Do the simple examples.  Experiment with block diagrams, see how the various Structures work.  Where possible, do not use Formula nodes -- almost anything you can do in a Formula node can be done with LabVIEW functions (you might need to look on some other palettes if you want some functions, such as sine or erf -- try the Mathematics palette).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,315 Views)

@vinomurthy wrote:

No actually I did that but showing 'Polymorphic terminal' error

When I add an input to the formula node and wire an array to it, I don't see any errors.  I've never heard the error you describe.

Attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vinomurthy

You have never told us what datatype the array elements are.

Numeric array will work fine. String arrays will not work, for example.

To get useful help, please provide all relevant information.

Message 7 of 15
(3,279 Views)

My aim is to get graph between columns in lab view if I upload csc file.If I plot graph in excel I'll get waveform for any no of cycles..In each cycle the data increases for particular time after reaching peak value it decreases,likewise it continues.I have tried this concept in lab view and have attached 2 files.One using formula node.Please anyone help me to proceed further.(Note:I will get 'time' data as ''05/08/2015 11:29:56:690'' so need only time neglecting date.here I have taken 15 min duration for each cycle)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,238 Views)

It is exactly whata Altenbach said.

In your formula node, you defined array "a" as a float.  You are wiring in a string array.

Try converting your string array to numbers then wiring that into the "a" terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,198 Views)

@vinomurthy wrote:

My aim is to get graph between columns in lab view if I upload csc file.If I plot graph in excel I'll get waveform for any no of cycles..In each cycle the data increases for particular time after reaching peak value it decreases,likewise it continues.I have tried this concept in lab view and have attached 2 files.One using formula node.Please anyone help me to proceed further.(Note:I will get 'time' data as ''05/08/2015 11:29:56:690'' so need only time neglecting date.here I have taken 15 min duration for each cycle)

WWell, these snippets are just one big mess. Can you at least attach a typical data file?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,179 Views)