LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of Booleans 4 true, 4 false, 4 true....

I know you can't change the background color of an array to false, so I have searched and doing the work around as described in a few other posts of an array behind another array.

I have a 1D array of Booleans. I want to be able to turn 4 of them to true in the array, then the next 4 keep false, then another group of 4 turn to true, etc. Good grief this can't be that difficult, but I am stumped. So I am reaching out for assistance. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

If anyone has an even better solution, you have my attention!!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,364 Views)

Can you start over and describe the problem, because you seem to blend a few different problems into one question (arrays behind arrays). Can you give links to "a few other posts" you mention? "False" is not a background color. Are you talking about transparent?

How big is the 1D array? Seems trivial to modify an array with your requirements. What have you tried?

What are you actually trying to achieve? Maybe there is a better solution overall.

Hint:

altenbach_0-1578590014241.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,347 Views)

I could not attach the link to the thread. I am going to make the top array transparent and move the second array behind to differentiate between the grouping.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,288 Views)

And here is the image.

Arrays.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,284 Views)

@DMerchen wrote:

I could not attach the link to the thread. I am going to make the top array transparent and move the second array behind to differentiate between the grouping.

Don't attach links. Attach your VI!

You still not making a lot of sense. What is the top and the second array. What grouping? Differentiate what? Even looking at your front panel picture does not give us any clues on what you are trying to do. Again: I am sure there is a much cleaner solution overall.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,279 Views)

As a fairly blind guess, if this is related to the wavelength arrays  I'd ask if you've considered sliders? Those might display more what you want (if that's the topic).

If instead you're discussing the groups of 4 bands at the bottom (and those are not just for testing/example) then I'd guess an array of buttons with no boolean text might be what we're looking at? What does it mean?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,235 Views)