LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array Selection Color

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to change the color of the array selection propriety. I have been looking for all the proprieties and i searched in the forum but didn't find a solution yet.

Attached is an example of what I mean for array selection, I guess you know what I mean..

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,654 Views)

Use a table indicator and you have full control over the the background color of each cell, so use that. (example view).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,639 Views)

I need it on an array because I have an array of clusters, I can't use a table. I thought there could have been some VI Scripting technique or something else but I guess it is not possible then.. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,596 Views)

I did some digging, but couldn't find any way to change the color.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,588 Views)

As  said, you can adapt the table view to display the cluster (as text?) and convert it back to cluster-form when you're done.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,580 Views)

@MPolaszyk wrote:

As @altenbach said, you can adapt the table view to display the cluster (as text?) and convert it back to cluster-form when you're done.

No back conversion is ever needed. Just keep the original data and branch into a dead-end for display processing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,575 Views)

what do you mean with "adapt the table view to display the cluster"? I don't understand but I upload a "array of cluster" version of my example and I hope you can edit it in order to show me what you mean.. thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,564 Views)

hi cassaniti,

a table can only have strings as its datatype (in fact a 2-dim-string-array is the value of a table)

what altenbach means is you could generate a string-representation of your array elements, but i don't think that is what you want.

another way would be to position something (e.g. a cluster) over a cell and adapting the cell size so it seems there is only 'something'.

i have done this with an enum, because i wanted a dropdown menu in a cell, but for your array of clusters this would be much more involved i presume.

a simple search found me this, perhaps that will take you further:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-add-a-enum-or-a-boolean-to-a-specific-cell-of-a-table/m-p/287...

:cheers:

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,556 Views)

@jwscs wrote:

another way would be to position something (e.g. a cluster) over a cell and adapting the cell size so it seems there is only 'something'.

If you wanted to do something so complicated, wouldn't drawing a coloured box around your array element be easier? 

Edit: I've tried to find a suitable was to put a boolean as a string, but no characters that I can find with this snippet look particularly boolean. If you're ok with 'T' and 'F' or 'True' and 'False' or similar, I think the table is likely to be a good choice.

asciiOutputs.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,551 Views)

I think the suggested method is something like the VI I've attached. You'd need to also unpaint the cells when you moved away - I didn't implement this so unfortunately this VI just paints the table as you move around.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,547 Views)