From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Express VIs available to programmers using LV 2013 Student Version?

I have: a Student version of LabVIEW 2013, a MYDAQ, and a USB DAQ6009. Do I understand correctly that I cannot use the "Play Waveform Express VI" and the "File Dialog Express VI" with what I have, and that to use these VIs I'd have to buy a "Base Developement System"?, or does the "Student Version" have the same functionality that the "LV BDS" does? So far I have played around with these VIs without my DQs.

I'd like to be able to play a wave file both with my laptop speakers and external speakers plugged into my MyDAQ. I'm having trouble reading wave files. I did a search for "Error Number" definitions but didn't find anything. Is there a list of definitions somewhere? Anyone have any advise, or know of a good tutorial?

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,532 Views)

The student version has all the functionaility of LabVIEW full (i.e. more than base!). It even includes mathscript. If you have the student suite, you even get many toolkits. (Compare student versions)

(Note that you can get the student version for free as long as you remain a student))

If you have problem with your code, please attach it and we will try to help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,518 Views)
Under your help menu there is a selection to Explain Error Code.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,511 Views)

Here are three Audio VIs.  I've not involved a DAQ yet.  I cannot remember what the original VIs looked like.  I believe the Soundplaywave1.vi is a Ni example with little or no modifications.  This one works only when I run it with Highlight Execution.  The Playsoundwave2.vi is a modified version of the previous VI.   When I tried to run this VI, I got an errr code 4810.  The Wavesoundplay3.vi works.

Thank you for your time

dunnor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,463 Views)

Generally, you'll have more luck looking for the specific error on Google than you will looking for an all encompassing list. 

Have you tried the example VI talked about here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1BE60DBBFA22ACC186256DFB000B8464

If you can see the VI in your palette, you have it.  Express VIs and functionality you do not have will not appear in your palettes.  For future reference, that will tell you whether or not you have access to it 😃

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,459 Views)