LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino with labview using linx

Hi,

I am using Arduino with labview and burning the program into arduino using makerhub linx. the problem I am facing is the delay in reading the input data from arduino to labview of about 10 seconds. looking forward for possible solutions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,371 Views)

Hi kash,

the problem I am facing is the delay in reading the input data from arduino to labview of about 10 seconds. looking forward for possible solutions.

I guess the problem is in your software.

You need to debug your software to find and eliminate that problem.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,358 Views)

Well without seeing your code all we can say is you are doing it wrong.

Beyond that your guess is as good as ours.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,348 Views)

My guess is you are closing and reopening the reference between each read.  This causes lots of extra delays and a better method is to open once, read many times in a loop, then close once.  Just a guess though and as others said posting the code would help with that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,343 Views)

Sounds like a timeout error to me.

But who would know without seeing any code posted.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,330 Views)

Kind of fun to guess without source code 😉

But at 10 seconds, it's almost certainly a VISA Read timeout. Add a termchar to the end of your data stream from the Arduino. I can't recall if VISA Read's default timeout is 2 seconds or 10 seconds (and it may vary by device/driver? I'm not sure).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,320 Views)

I am sharing the snapshot of the code. the problem i feel is with linx open serial which is taken time. the reason being, there is a delay in execution of the first sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,306 Views)

i think the delay is due to the initialisation of the linx.  Now the problem is, I am also actuating the actuator via digital write through linx and due to delay in acquisition, the actuator does goes to the extreme position till it start acquiring the data.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,304 Views)

@kashifsherwani wrote:

i think the delay is due to the initialisation of the linx.  

I think you should show us your code so we can actually help you.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,294 Views)

hi,

Please see the attached code. here i am using makerhub linx for the acquisition of data. To enter the sequence, it takes times.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,281 Views)