From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application program call up

Hi,

I have a program done which uses open VI reference function to call up a VI, but when make it into application, it won't call up. It does not show the abc.exe in the build specification so I cannot include in the project file. the abc.exe is in a folder of GraphVIs. I am new to this, kindly let me know if I don't provide enough info.

EXE call up.PNGbuild specification.PNGproject files.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,720 Views)

You cannot use a path to the executable.  You need a path to the VI you want to call that is inside of the executable.  The simpler method is to not use a path, but instead use the VI's name (as a string) wire it up to the VI Path input on the Open VI Reference.  It will then do a look up for a VI with that logical name.  Just make sure you put this dynamically called VI into the "Always Include" section of the build specification.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,711 Views)