LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application name in Taskmanager

Hello,

is there a way to change the name of a labview application in the windows taskmanager.

Problem: I have written a labview application (compiled into an exe)  wich will be initialized with an ini File. I run this application in parallel (up to 8 times). Each application has the same name but loads a different ini. The Problem ist, that I now have 8 times the same application name in the taskmanager. If one crahses, I don't know which one I have to kick out of the taskmanager.

Is there a way to change the name of the application in the taskmanger?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Michael

LabVIEW: 8.2.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,012 Views)

AFAIK you can't, but I believe you may try closing the application from the taskbar, provided that titles are different.

Another possibility is to get the app's Windows process ID and show it either on the FP or the title bar.

Process IDs can be viewed in the task manager. To get the ID, see the following, post #6 (thanks to myle00).

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,000 Views)

Hi Micheal,

instead of fiddling with Windows task management I would rather avoid crashes of my executables. 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,996 Views)

Hi,

if it´s only up to 8 why not create 8 different executables with different names?

regards

Marco Brauner NIG

Message 4 of 6
(2,972 Views)

Hi at all,

thanks a lot for the answer. I did it like Hans told and created 8 executables with different names.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,965 Views)

Because it may be a pain to update the exe if necessary. The technology in LV is available to run the same exe parallel, needs just 2 minutes to set up.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,677 Views)