cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friend,

I'm using labview 8.0 / Windows XP, NI-PXI (8331/1041), NI-DMM(4060) & NI-6534 DAQ. I created setup with application.exe (executable file) using NI Project Explorer. I created also shortcut from that application.exe. Until the rebooting the system these programs are working fine (ie shortcut (applicaion.lnk) & application.exe). But when I restarted the system, these (ie shortcut & exe) programs are not working ie showed an error message : 'This template application is not opened alone'. I tried the same sourcecode in another computer (without NI-PXI & other necessary hardwares but having softwares ie Labview, NI Device Drivers) is working fine.

My problem is how to rectify this error. 

Thank you
With regards
Johnson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,712 Views)

did you created a proper installer while building?

Is the PC is installed with the run time engine and other hardware drivers?.

did you tried re installing the application that you built?

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,674 Views)

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I found that the same error is occured when first start the NI-DMM Soft panel (ie NI-4060) & this application is closed. But in the Measurement & Automation Explorer this DMM is detected & works fine. Using this application, NI-Soft Panel is working fine. 

With regards,

Johnson

MELSS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,668 Views)

Hi friends,

I reinstalled the windows XP again. Still this problem is coming. At present I execute this program using Labview IDE.

With regards,

Johnson

MELSS, Chennai

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,610 Views)

Have you put this in startup? And before the application starts are you trying to open it again? Just a guess

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author YouCanWin

Dear Friends,

I solved this issue & now it is working fine. I done the following tasks.

1. Reinstall the Windows XP

2. Install / Scan Antivirus (eg semantec)

3. Install LV 8.0 & other NI drivers.

4. Cleanup the registry.

Thanks.

With 

Johnson

MELSS.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,539 Views)