LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder fails when including NIReport.lb

I am trying to deploy an application that uses the Report Generation Toolkit.  I included the 3 labview class files (standard report, word, and excel) in my project files and the build specification, as described in the Labview 2009 help files.  I have done this on previous projects, and the built applications worked fine.  However, when I deploy this application, I get Error 7 and it indicates that two report vi's are not found, even though the class files were included in the build spec.  I went online and found a forum post on that error, and the potential fix of including the LVClass folder and the NIReport.llb folder.  However, when I add those folders to my project, and include them in the build spec as instructed, the application builder freezes, and I have to shut down LabView.

Any thoughts or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,055 Views)

Greetings;

When you state having done this before on previous projects, has it been on the same machine that you are now using? In addition, were they the same VIs that you are now attempting to utilize?

As a further question, what version of Office are you attempting to interact with?

After some research on the particular error, I have come across the following KnowledgeBase which makes the same reccomendation that you have attempted (including those two folders)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8A0E6274D9BD7B1986256F62006AD402?OpenDocument

Does the addition of either folder alone freeze the application builder?

Simon P.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,037 Views)

I still don't know why the application builder was failing when the NIReport.lb folder was included, but I found the cause of my issue.  It was simply a mis-spelled path name.  I corrected the spelling error, removed the NIReport.lb, and added the 3 lv.class files called out in the help file.  The built application is now fuctioning properly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,020 Views)