LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application build fails because required inputs not wired, Main.vi not executable, but they are!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Using LV 2013 SP1. 

Trying to deploy a binary from a ~1000VI project using OOP, and the application builder is telling me there are several VIs where the required inputs are not wired, and that the main VI is not executable, even though the VIs in question have no required inputs, and execute just fine, with no broken wires. 

Thoughts on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ijustlovemath

I hope this thread (in particular messages 11, 12 and 14) may help you as it did with me a couple of weeks ago with a similar issue: I was trying to build an exe but I continuously received a warning about a bad VI that was actually executable and without any required input missing; then I tried enabling debugging and unchecking the "enable SSE2 optimization" option in the application builder menu but I received the warning that entitles the thread I linked. Finally I discovered that I had the same situation of a case structure controlled by a constant as stated in message 12 and I solved my problem by changing the constant into a control.

Message 2 of 3
(2,389 Views)

I went back into both VIs and realized that I had dropped an error logger VI which requires error cluster to be wired, but is only active when RUN_TIME_ENGINE==True. After fixing both of those, and a read-only XML lvlib issue, it proceeded to compile. Took ages, but it worked! Thanks for making me take a second look, definitely helped!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,371 Views)