LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Reference to Labview standalone application (.exe)

Hello,

i have a problem with accesing a Labview application via VI Server and its open application reference function.

It works fine when running the vi in Labview but after building the exe it doesn´t.

Here ist an excerpt of the application.ini

------------------

server.app.propertiesEnabled=True
server.tcp.enabled=True
server.tcp.paranoid=True
server.tcp.port=3363
server.tcp.servic=""
server.vi.access="+*"
server.vi.callsEnabled=True
server.vi.propertiesEnabled=True
WebServer.TcpAccess="c+*"
WebServer.ViAccess="+*"
DebugServerEnabled=False
DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False
server.ole.enabled=True
---------------------------------------------------------

I already tried changing the port numbers but i can´t open the application reference to the exe.

Anyone has an idea of how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

striegler_gerd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,306 Views)

Gerd,

please describe what you want to accomplish.

As far as i understand your question, i'd say that you should use ActiveX for your task.....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,302 Views)

Check if in your Build Specifications->properties->Advanced you enabled ActiveX server

souske

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,295 Views)

Hello Norbert,

i want to access the front panel variables and the execution state of the application from a remote pc.

When i am doing this with a rtexe on a compact RIO it works fine, but not from pc to pc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,294 Views)

Gerd

Are you using Network Variable Engine for data transfer?

regards

souske

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,288 Views)

Gerd,

remote control is maybe best done using the webservices or web publishing tool. You can create a webpage which includes "a link" to your VI displaying its frontpanel and even let remotly control the VI.

Other methods are possible, but i wouldn't recommend them.

If you want to exchange statusinformation/data between two LV exes running on different PC, you should use network published protocols like TCP or shared variables.

Maybe this library can help you.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,284 Views)

If you still want to use VI server, I think the acl (access control list) line is missing in the .ini file. You can try this, it will enable access from any machine:

server.tcp.acl="290000000A000000010000001D00000003000000010000002A10000000030000000000010000000000"

Also, if you have LabVIEW running you might want to use a different port for the application. Only one application (LabVIEW or the compiled exe) can listen on one port.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,279 Views)