From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder with DAQmx vis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello 

I have got a simple program that utilises DAQmx vis. I would like to know how to use this VI on a seperate computer that does not have LabVIEW installed. I have used Application Builder to build the exe file but it cannot find the DAQmx files. I have copied the VI library into the same folder as the .exe file and this has not helped either. 

Any advice greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,084 Views)

Your picture does not tell too much.

Build an installer along with your exe. You can do this with Application builder. The installer should automatically include all of the libraries, eg, DAQmx, Runtime engine, etc, needed to run your exe. When you run the installer on your other computer all the libraries should be installed and your exe should run.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,043 Views)

Hi McDuff

Thanks, the computer I am trying it on already had run time and MAX installed which is the only parts the 'Install' seems to include or does it somehow include the VI libraries as well? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,988 Views)

Hi Cran,

the AppBuilder should include all needed drivers - atleast in more recent LabVIEW versions. Which version do you use?

If it doesn't you can always select the drivers manually in the BuildSpec: you will need the DAQmx drivers!

On your screenshot: you surely want to program some (atleast basic) error handling!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,982 Views)

Hi GerdW

I am using Labview 2014. 

I have tried building an installer with the additional installers 'Labview Runtime 2014' and 'Ni Measurement and Automation Explorer 16.1' however I am getting an error that the program can't find the NI MAX file. I have tried locating the file myself but cannot find it. I have tried downloading it again with no success. 

Both of the above were installed manually on the computer I am trying to use the exe on and it still didn't work so I'm not sure if this 'installer' is going to change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,979 Views)

Hi Cran,

when I create an installer for a VI, which uses DAQmx functions, then LV2017 includes "LV Runtime" and "DAQmx Runtime" as additional installers…

(MAX is just a configuration tool for several drivers/devices, but it's not the driver itself.)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,974 Views)

Hi Gerd

Sorry, so what are you suggesting is the solution? I can add 'NI-DAQmx Runtime 16.1' to my Installer but i get the same issue in that it cannot find the file location. 

I have downloaded the NI-DaqMX driver which automatically installs MAX also on the new computer. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,972 Views)

That's all needed. The important thing is to install DAQ-mx drivers on the target PC, either included into the program installer or with a separate installation.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 8 of 15
(3,960 Views)

Hi Cran,

I can add 'NI-DAQmx Runtime 16.1' to my Installer but i get the same issue in that it cannot find the file location. 

This problem can occur, when the LabVIEW AppBuilder tries to find the install packages needed for the installer: it searches in the location they were, when LabVIEW was installed on your development computer. If you fiddled with those packages later on you're doomed 😄

(You may solve this problem by a complete re-install of your LabVIEW installation…)

As has been said: you can also install that DAQmx runtime on the production computer "manually"!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,954 Views)

Thanks Paulo, I have done that and now only one of the sub VIs is 'missing', the 'DAQmx Create Channel'. This seems odd that it can find the others but not this one? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,929 Views)