cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder takes long time and Popup messages during Build

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

My application is slightly bigger with over 300 VI's. In between the build process I receive pop up messages asking GMath library  files etc.. are modifies would u like to save the files..? When clicked on OK button it starts saving these library files and when it saves almost half the number of files the application builder crashes and causes LabView to close. As the build process is taking more than 2 hours and end result is always an unsuccesful build due to the application builder crash I am loosing my time.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramana4833

Here is what I would do :

• Open the main VI
  • Press Ctrl+Shift+Run Button to recompile all VIs in memory
  • Wait until finished
  • Save all

If there are some, repeat for every dynamic called VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,231 Views)

Hi,

I recently upgraded from LV 7.1 to 2009, both the Professional versions. My program consists of several hundred vi's. Building an .exe in LV 7.1 was a snap and took maybe 30-50 seconds (not including an installer). Building the same thing in LV 2009 (build script converted to project) takes nearly 30 minutes, not including creating an installer... most of the time is spent 'processing' and then saving vi's, which LV 7 did not appear to do. I've tried the Ctrl+Shift+Run suggested by JB but this does not help. I've also applied the 2009f patch. It still takes a fair amount of memory, 0.5 GB, but my core 2 duo PC has 2 GB and there is plenty available RAM. Any suggestions/details on the differences and something I could do to cut down on the build time?

thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,096 Views)

Hey, did get to fix your problem?, I'm having a similar issue too

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,838 Views)

Well, it's been a while but things are working okay now. Probably a combination of updating to LV2009 SP1and trying some different settings in the build profile - I seem to recall I found a tip somewhere on the NI developer site about a particular build setting, but damned if I can remember which one.

good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,822 Views)

After a hiatus from LV2009 (returning to LV7 for most work), I've revisited this, now in LV2010 SP1. There is a huge difference in build time which depends on the switches in the Additional Exclusions page, 'Remove unused members of project libraries' and 'Modify project library file after removing unused members'. Checking both really improves build speed! In short, I have all four options on that page checked and get good results in application builds.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,633 Views)