From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App builder crash: objheap.cpp (541)

Labview 2010SP1 crashes with error in objheap.cpp line 541 when building an application.

The app formerly was written in LV 8.6.1 and builded successfully.

After starting again from the original 8.6.1 source it was possible to build it once or twice; the builder throws some messages as "Saving xxxx.vi" and after the build I found that all VI's have the current date and time.

After doing some minor changes like changing a controls numeric input range LV again saved some 100 vi's, and the next build throws the error again.

Any hints what I can do ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,425 Views)

Some more infos:

The error occured also this way:

An VI already converted to LV2010SP1 opens normally - select tools-profile-VI metrics --> crash

I tried to track it down opening all the sub-VIs and see if I can use VI metrics without crash.

This leads to an VI that even crashed when only opening it (I do not now how the application itself can run well in the development system but it does!).

An older LV8.6.1 copy of that vi could be opened normally, then saved with LV2010; no error. But after closing LV and re-opening that converted VI the error occurs again.

Another strange thing I found:

When opening a complete 8.6.1 project (*.lvproj ) with LV2010, opening the main VI Labview starts compiling the hierarchy as usual. After "saving all" every VI in the project has a new file date & time. But some of the VI's seem not to be converted at all. When opening manually, LV still wants to save changes as it claims that the VI has been converted from an earlier version. I cannot understand that as the conversion should have been made the step before saving all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,420 Views)

Hi ACIDIX,

that VI that caused LV to crash, is it something you wrote yourself or is it a VI from a NI library? Have you in the end been able to run your project after the errors occured or are you still not able to use it? If that is still the case it would ask you to open a blank project in LV 2010 SP1 and copy your VIs into it.

Best,

Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,405 Views)

Hi Manuel,

you think it's a problem with the project file ? Good idea, I'll try it next time (I remember an problem at 8.5 where some build options couldn't be changed, I forgot about that...)

The VI that crashed LV when opening it was written by ourselves in LV8.5 and later converted to 8.6.1.

I tried copy and paste of the block diagram to a new blank vi, but then the new VI has the same problem.

Next was to copy the front panel to a new blank VI and re-wiring the block diagram manually. This finally worked, so the issue is solved for this time.

(I had to go the hard way because we were running out of time.)

If anybody has a better solution or fix I would appreciate it, as there are many other projects that may be affected when converted to LV2010 because of Win7.

It would be a good idea for the next version or SP  if the errors thrown by app builder were a litlle bit more meaningful such as at least telling at which VI it is crashing.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,401 Views)