LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have good Bar Plot tools?

I would love to create a nice little Bar Plot in LabVIEW.

Unfortunately, it seems that the default settings for a bar plot is "make me look sucky":

* The bar is centered on the value, so that means half of a bar is cut off on each end
* If you change the scale range so that you can see all of the end bars, now you have a "x.5" at the ends of the scale, which you can't get rid of. I'd really rather they aren't showing at all.

Anyone have any tools or suggestions to make my life easier?

I am currently using a Waveform Graph to create it, if that matters.

================================

P.S. Anyone know why Bar Plots look so bad by default? Does anyone actaully use bar plots to good effect?

Maybe it'll be one of the 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT LABVIEW...
http://www.innoventor.net/10things.html

-- Rob Humfeld
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,893 Views)
I started with this one in my application.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,877 Views)
Go into the example finder and use keyword pictures. There is an example called Histogram plot.vi. This uses a picture control to do vertical bars and grid lines.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,869 Views)
Hello LVRob,

Attached is a bar plot example that i created a while back. The programming in it is a little cludgy, but it should give you an idea of how to create your own bar plot.

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,857 Views)
LV Bar graphs do suffer from a general condition of "suckiness". Here's a vi I just put together using the contributions from Matt F and Unclebump. It will take a 2D input (with series in the rows, and categories in the columns) and output a clustered bar graph. There are also controls to tweak the amount of space between clusters and at the beginning and end of the graph. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out an easy way to put category labels in. An suggestions there would be welcome. I usually end up using a string array that has been placed and sized strategically.

Message Edited by C. Minnella on 06-15-2005 03:16 PM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,825 Views)