LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on LV 2021 SP1?

I am eagerly looking forward to make the jump from 2017 to 2021 for multiple reasons (especially interfaces from 2020!) but the news of the auto-routing bug led me to put it off until SP1 releases, because updating software is a pain at my institute and I would prefer to spare the back and forth with our IT department. It was mentioned by AristosQueue in the linked thread in June that SP1 should be released in January, but I have not seen any further updates. Is SP1 still on track? Is there a target date already?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(2,699 Views)

There are other reasons for waiting for SP1 -- the myRIO community has not had support for using this highly-capable RIO device since the myRIO Software Toolkit 2019 was released (in, you guessed it, 2019).  Rumors of a "Spring 2021" release date makes hope "spring" eternal ...

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(2,626 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Rumors of a "Spring 2021" release date makes hope "spring" eternal ...


Of course, that would point for toward an April or May release...


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(2,615 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Rumors of a "Spring 2021" release date makes hope "spring" eternal ...


Of course, that would point for toward an April or May release...


For those in the Academic market, who love the myRIO for its flexibility, reasonable (student) price, ability to have a single peripheral that does A/D, D/A, DIO, SPI, I²C, FPGA, Real-Time, and runs LabVIEW, an extra month or so versus the abandonment of the Academic and myRIO "markets" is a minor inconvenience -- we've been waiting since LabVIEW 2019 (fortunately both 2019 and 2019 SP1 work with the myRIO Software Toolkit 2019, and provides links to LabVIEW RealTime needed to do useful things with this device.  I remain an optimist.

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(2,595 Views)

"Official" word is Q1 which lasts until end of March. Even if the Release actually happens in that period this still could mean that widespread availability for downloads is somewhere in April. And it has lapsed in the past by a month or two on occasion. So I would be hopeful but definitely not start holding my breath for it right yet. 😀

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(2,563 Views)

AristosQueue said that it's scheduled for January here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LV2021-Deactivate-Wire-Auto-Routing/idi-p/4183557?pro...

 

I am currently manually checking the NI update service and the website daily, because I am unfortunately working with 2021 and it's driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(2,520 Views)

Don't hold your breath for it. Yes January is not over yet, but I have it from a reliable source that they are currently only in the code freeze phase. This means "no code changes are allowed anymore except when a show stopper is encountered". The product is still in intense testing phase, running many 1000s of tests mostly automatically and evaluating all the test results. After that there needs to be done a final build on all platforms, documentation check, packaging, installer testing on several 100 systems and then a release can be announced. And from the moment the release is announced it can still take several days before the files are posted anywhere.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(2,513 Views)

Scientists have determined--and verified--that January is now pretty much completely over, for the most part.

 

We also eagerly await the SP1 release. We update LabVIEW every 3 years (to allow code rollback with driver support if necessary), and are stuck in 2018-land for now. We only use service pack releases for this exact reason (i.e., the auto-routing bug).

 

If it doesn't come out this quarter, they could just put off LabVIEW 2022 and release the service pack at NI Connect instead! (Why not leave that NIWeek? But that's a different gripe...)

 

Still holding my breath (against all recommendations)......

_______________________________________________________________
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(2,275 Views)

@rwunderl wrote:

We also eagerly await the SP1 release. We update LabVIEW every 3 years (to allow code rollback with driver support if necessary), and are stuck in 2018-land for now. We only use service pack releases for this exact reason (i.e., the auto-routing bug).

 

If it doesn't come out this quarter, they could just put off LabVIEW 2022 and release the service pack at NI Connect instead!


I have heard a tentative expected 2021 SP1 release early March.  Interestingly, I have heard nothing about a 2022 beta.  I'll have to ping some people about that.

 

I tend to also follow the 3-year upgrade path.  I am currently working in 2019.  I am tempted to update to 2021 SP1 due to Interfaces, which came out in 2020.  But it will be a few more months after the release before my corporate IT updates the license server for me.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(2,253 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@rwunderl wrote:

We also eagerly await the SP1 release. We update LabVIEW every 3 years (to allow code rollback with driver support if necessary), and are stuck in 2018-land for now. We only use service pack releases for this exact reason (i.e., the auto-routing bug).

 

If it doesn't come out this quarter, they could just put off LabVIEW 2022 and release the service pack at NI Connect instead!


I have heard a tentative expected 2021 SP1 release early March.  Interestingly, I have heard nothing about a 2022 beta.  I'll have to ping some people about that.

 

I tend to also follow the 3-year upgrade path.  I am currently working in 2019.  I am tempted to update to 2021 SP1 due to Interfaces, which came out in 2020.  But it will be a few more months after the release before my corporate IT updates the license server for me.


Now wouldn't that be "interesting".  An annual subscription fee, but no updates...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(2,228 Views)