LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good tricks for moving files on disk to match project...?

I've got a large, class-based project with thousands of files on disk.  And I've done some significant refactoring to better organize file into libraries, etc.  However, as part of the re-org, I only re-named VIs/classes and assigned them to different libraries, organizing them in virtual folders as needed --- but I did not move any files on disk. The reason: LabVIEW has a tendency to crash (and corrupt classes linkages in the process) when you rename or move them on disk. It's also extremely slow.

For reference, the most-reliable-but-still-not-reliable approach I usually use for moving files is to:

- load everything into a single project so that all dependent VIs can get relinked properly

- use the project files view to move files to new folders. (a combo of renaming and drag-dropping to a folder if it already exists)

My question:

Are there any tools that already exist for re-arranging files to match their layout in libraries or projects?  Or even suggestions for how to do this more effectively?

My backup solution:

Write code to load the project and script re-saving files based on library/virtual folder/class/name. Let it run overnight. The concern (other than losing a few hours): it'll end up crashing for the same reasons that manually doing this through the LabVIEW project crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(442 Views)