LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while connecting to the GPIB driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed

Under the URRP terminal, I use FIFO to transfer data between the host computer and the terminal. Why does this error(see below) keep being reported? (I used labview2018, did not compile FPGAvi, I used the IO simulation mode, and I installed the NI488.2 driver.) The block diagram is very simple. It just transfers data to the FPGA and then back to the host computer without any processing.

Possible Causes:

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x0) An error occurred while connecting to the GPIB driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed.
===========================
Motion: No error.
An error occurred while connecting to the driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed.
NI-845x: The operation completed successfully.
VISA: (Hex 0x0) The operation completed successfully.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,940 Views)

Check in NI MAX, whether you can detect the GPIB Device and do a self test/Send Command data.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,884 Views)

For some special reasons, I don't have a terminal device around me now. So I use the simulation mode. I feel that in this mode, my program   will not involve GPIB, and I don't know why this error occurs.            But when I run the same program in labview2015, this error does not appear.

Thank you very much for your answer. I haven't read the email a few days ago. I'm sorry for the late reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,856 Views)