From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while connecting to the GPIB driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed

Under the URRP terminal, I use FIFO to transfer data between the host computer and the terminal. Why does this error(see below) keep being reported? (I used labview2018, did not compile FPGAvi, I used the IO simulation mode, and I installed the NI488.2 driver.) The block diagram is very simple. It just transfers data to the FPGA and then back to the host computer without any processing.

Possible Causes:

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x0) An error occurred while connecting to the GPIB driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed.
===========================
Motion: No error.
An error occurred while connecting to the driver or device. The NI-488.2 driver may not be installed.
NI-845x: The operation completed successfully.
VISA: (Hex 0x0) The operation completed successfully.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,934 Views)

Check in NI MAX, whether you can detect the GPIB Device and do a self test/Send Command data.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,878 Views)

For some special reasons, I don't have a terminal device around me now. So I use the simulation mode. I feel that in this mode, my program   will not involve GPIB, and I don't know why this error occurs.            But when I run the same program in labview2015, this error does not appear.

Thank you very much for your answer. I haven't read the email a few days ago. I'm sorry for the late reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,850 Views)