LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amulet variable update rate

I have several numeric field widgets on my Amulet and was wondering if continuously updating the Amulet href byte value in LabVIEW is considered bad practice?  Or should the href byte value only be updated when it changes?  Updating only when a change occurs creates more code...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,587 Views)

In general, it's best to only update data/references/etc when the values change. This saves processing power and speeds up your code. That being said, there's always a happy medium between optimal code and optimal coding time. If you application has no probelm with the speed when updating every single time, then you may not need to change anything.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,580 Views)

Thanks for the quick response!  I have all the Amulet communication code in a seperate loop running at 100 ms so even if it does slow it down some it shouldn't affect the the other loops.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,573 Views)