LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to periodic trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to know how can I make a periodic trigger without using the "periodic trigger" from the OpenGLibrary if labview, on windows 7 machine with labview 8.5. I want to trigger a case structure every 500ms. 

As a note, I am able to do this using my Labview 2013 version on windows 10 by downloading the OpenGL library, but at college they are more limited with their Versio 8.5 Labview and I would like to use the default libraries.

Basilisvirus_0-1676454751447.png

I also attach the .vi I managed to make on my 2013 Version Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(711 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Basilisvirus

Hi Basilis,

just look inside the OpenG function to learn how to recreate it with LabVIEW8.5…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(691 Views)

Thanks.

This is it, in case anyone needs it:

Basilisvirus_0-1676457164247.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(682 Views)

Note that there's a subtle "off-by-one" error in the openG function.  Change the ">" greater-than comparison to a ">=" greater-than-or-equal to fix it.  I'm pretty sure I tried to report it into the openG dev forum many years ago, but never followed up further.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 4
(664 Views)