From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to periodic trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to know how can I make a periodic trigger without using the "periodic trigger" from the OpenGLibrary if labview, on windows 7 machine with labview 8.5. I want to trigger a case structure every 500ms. 

As a note, I am able to do this using my Labview 2013 version on windows 10 by downloading the OpenGL library, but at college they are more limited with their Versio 8.5 Labview and I would like to use the default libraries.

Basilisvirus_0-1676454751447.png

I also attach the .vi I managed to make on my 2013 Version Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(708 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Basilisvirus

Hi Basilis,

just look inside the OpenG function to learn how to recreate it with LabVIEW8.5…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(688 Views)

Thanks.

This is it, in case anyone needs it:

Basilisvirus_0-1676457164247.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(679 Views)

Note that there's a subtle "off-by-one" error in the openG function.  Change the ">" greater-than comparison to a ">=" greater-than-or-equal to fix it.  I'm pretty sure I tried to report it into the openG dev forum many years ago, but never followed up further.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 4
(661 Views)