LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allan variance program

Hi, i am analyzing mems gyroscope. I need to plot Allan variance. I need a program for Allan variance to plot. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,428 Views)

Hi Hussam,

I need to plot Allan variance. I need a program for Allan variance to plot. 

What is your problem? Where are you stuck?

After all it's (more or less) basic math

(When you want someone else to do your job then you should offer a job in the appropriate forum!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,420 Views)

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am facing problem in plot the 3 plots in single plot. I mean x-gyro, y-gyro and z-gyro allan deviation to plot in single window. 

I first find out the single axis allan deviation and then simply plotted in x-y plot. 

But now having problem in plot all xyz gyro allan deviation in single plot. The matlab plot picture is attached. Kindly suggest the solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,344 Views)

Hi,

I am plotting the allan variance of Gyroscope.

The problem I am facing is how to plot data of 3 columns which is Y axis in single plot.

I mean y axis contain three different data, (data of  x-gyro, y-gyro and z-gyro). This data need to be plot with respect to time in X-axis.  allan deviation to plot in single window. 

The matlab plot picture is attached. Kindly suggest the solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,347 Views)

Hi Hussam,

you can have multiple plots in a XY graph: the context help shows you how... (You need an array of plots.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,311 Views)

This is a very basic question and of course depends a little bit on the data. How is the data currently represented? (2D array with four columns? 2D complex array with three rows? arrays of points (cluster of xy data)?, etc etc.)?

Are the points spaced equally in X? Do all plots share the same x-values?

I am sure that if you would attach a small simplified VI containing your data in its native form, we could give a precise answer within minutes. If we have to guess, it is much more difficult t give the appropriate answer.

Most likely you want an xy graph with both axes in logarithmic mapping. It accepts a huge selection of different datatypes so we really need more information to decide what's best.

Note that it is better to embed your picture in the post:

allan_v

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,308 Views)

Once you tell us about your data format, things are trivial. Here's one example create in about a minute from scratch.

xygraph2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,292 Views)

Hi 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,267 Views)

We are missing the subVI. What does it do?

Whatever you are doing has absolutely nothing to do with my idea you quoted. An array of clusters where each cluster contains a DBL and three complex values makes absolutely no sense for a xy graph. You also don't need any matrix operations, plain 2D arrays are sufficient.

Why is the output of your subVI a 2D complex array. What do the rows/columns/IM/RE parts represent?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,244 Views)

1. Sub vi is basically mathscript node of allan variance function.

2. From last idea i just followed for plotting.

3. Ok i will remove matrix operations.

4. I am not clear on this that why the sub vi output is 2D complex, but maybe due to the Allan variance function which is in the math script node.

Following is the subvi

SUBVI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,236 Views)