LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aglient 34401A Multimeter Issue Graphing with Triggers

I am working on graphing the output voltage received from a Yokogawa GS200 into a Agilent 34401A. I have adapted the code from the driver for graphing the voltage. The results are very inaccurate, an example attached where the voltage is changing over time and the results are not what would be expected. If possible would I be able not use triggers and use time? I am still new to this and have put in some research but have not found a solution.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)

It is likely you are not constantly sampling.  According to your screen cap and code, for seven triggers, you are sampling once every 500ms (for 10 samples of unknown interval).  Assuming 1ms interval, the samples would take place like this: (red spikes are sample times)

sample.png

The resultant sample chart would look exactly as you posted.

sample2.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,753 Views)

How would I be able to assign the interval a time, for example 1 ms. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,696 Views)

Hi Kelsey,

How would I be able to assign the interval a time, for example 1 ms. Is this possible?

This surely is explained in the manual of your Agilent DMM.

Did you read it? 😉

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,692 Views)

The driver for the 34401 (Multipoint configuration) says the interval can't be adjusted.  You need to read the manual to get the interval (if any), then just adjust the delay between triggers to get your sample rate where you want it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,681 Views)