From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregating Waveform Data type

Dear all,

I currently have a prducer/consumer set up. The producer runs once 1ms and enques a 1D array of waveforms, each element in the array corresponding to one analog input channel. Every 1ms, 15 samples worth of data is enqued for each channel.

I need to be able to display the data in a waveform chart as well as save each channel as indivisual binary files. This is to be done in one (possibly two) consumer loops. It's not possible nor desirable to save or display data at 1k Htz. In reality, I probably want to update the waveform chart 30 times a second and save to disc once a second. For saving, what's the best way to aggregate 1 second worth of waveform data? Turn them into arrays (I don't need anything other than the Y values), append the arrays, and save the Y values into disc once every second as a binary file? What about for the data display? It seems like the array approach won't be a good idea because the wfm graph wants to take in wfms.

Also, I confused as to what is being enqued every millis second under the hood... Is this a reference to the waveform array or is it actually an array of waveforms, each waveform being 15 samples "long"?

Thanks as always.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,790 Views)

Without seeing your code, it is impossible to tell how you have implemented the algorithms I described to you.  If you have multiple VIs, and if they are in a LabVIEW Project, compress the folder containing them all and attach the resulting .ZIP file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,780 Views)

Away from work computer. The picture is what I have for now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,764 Views)

Sorry, pictures are a waste of my time.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,753 Views)