LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After building application Serial Read does not work

Greetings,

The vi works fine in interpreted mode but, once it is built into an application the Visa serial port read stops working(no data).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,817 Views)
There is no such thing as interpreted mode. Do you mean the exe run on the same pc as where you have LabVIEW installed or on a different pc?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,803 Views)

Sorry, I mean when I run the vi under Labview and not as an exe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,798 Views)
But is it on the same pc?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,793 Views)

Yes, I built the exe from the vi on the same PC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,789 Views)
Of course you built the exe with the development system. What you still have not answered is where you are RUNNING the exe.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,784 Views)

Sorry for the confution, I am running the exe on the same PC.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,776 Views)
Thanks. What else does the VI do? Any file I/O? What sort of error message do you get?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,772 Views)

There is a write to save the data to a file that is timed for every two minutes from a local variable.  The vi actually does a lot more and is used to control the temperature of a Thermal Vacuum Chamber.  All of the DAQmx works and reads back all of the TC data fine which is again periodically written to a data file.  The only thing that does not work after the build is the serial read from a vacuum gauge.  What is frustrating is that it does work before it is compile into an application.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,768 Views)
I would suggest adding some error indicators and/or enabling debugging on the exe to see if some error is preventing the serial read from working.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,763 Views)